Saturday, July 29, 2017

Dave's Friendship

The Sheik of course was my favourite wrestler, although I did meet many others.  Being "let in" by Dave, he and his wrestlers knew I would never step over the boundaries.  I never accosted them, they knew I would never compromise their wrestling identity and their personal lives.  Over the years, I guess from early 1972 myself and Glenn traveled many a mile to see and witness Dave's greatest shows here in Ontario, Canada. We met countless of wrestlers and enjoyed a short but fine friendship.   In 1978, a friend and I drove to Detroit to watch a wrestling show at the famed Cobo Hall.   Dave was on the show as well as Eric the Red.  Dave asked if he and Eric could get a ride back.  Of course I couldn't say no.  Before we crossed the border, Dave asked to stop off at a convenience store where they sold booze.  They picked up some beer, threw into the trunk and we crossed the border.  We made several stops along the 401 for them to take a pee.  We ended up at the Hamilton Bus Depot around 3 or 4 in the morning.  Eric took the bus home to Grimsby from there.  We continued on and dropped Dave off at a hotel near the airport in Toronto, where he parked his green Lincoln Town car.  Dave left his jacket in my car and about a week later I saw him coming out of a side street on Bathurst Street around 1 or 2 in the morning.  I quickly pulled up beside him and waved him over.  We both stopped, had a chat and we continued on our way.  

Here is The Sheik with Dave entering the ring.  
A few adverts in the paper of Dave's shows. 



2 comments:

  1. What great memories from back in the day! Big Time Wrestling was the tops in the National Wrestling Alliance...K.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trik Memenangkan Permainan Sabung Ayam Dengan Modal Sedikit Bisa Mendapatkan Puluhan Juta Klik Di Sini

    Agen Sabung Ayam Online Terbaik Dan Juga Terpercaya http://www.bakarayam.co

    Informasi Terlengkap Mengenai Sabung Ayam

    https://ayambakar330033.wordpress.com/2018/07/12/trick-utk-memperbedakan-kesempatan-serta-juga-suatu-keuntungan-bermain-sabung-ayam-online/

    ReplyDelete